How To Create the Intimacy You Have Always Wanted
Whether you are single, married or in a committed relationship, you likely know that there are plenty of ups and downs in even the best relationships.
The truth is relationships are challenging and can be downright frustrating at times.
If you are like most couples who seek the help of a marriage or couples therapist, you and your partner may be having the same conflict over and over, unable to find a peaceful resolution.
If you are like most singles who seek a relationship therapist or counselor and may have had difficult or painful relationships in the past
and want to make sure that your next relationship is a healthy one.
If you’re experiencing any of the following, relationship or couples counseling may help:
- You are fed up with having one unsuccessful relationship after another.
- You don't feel appreciated, seen or understood by your partner.
- You and your partner seem constantly in conflict with one another.
- You are “triggered” by your past and can’t seem to rekindle the love and beauty you once shared.
- You're entering a new phase in life - having children, children moving out - and haven't found your rhythm as a couple yet.
- You want help in deciding if you should stay together.
- The relationship stress you both feel is escalating to the point where you don’t know if you will make it together.
Can Relationship Counseling Really Help?
Whether single or coupled, you have arrived at this website because your relationships haven’t been working. You might feel like the situation has gotten so bad that even though you want change, you doubt whether counseling can help. This is totally understandable. It is not easy to seek help. It can be scary to reach out not knowing if your relationships will ever get better.
However, if you are honest with yourself you know that you only have 3 options at this point:
- You can do nothing and hope things improve. (You have probably been doing this for quite a while already.)
- You can try to work things out together using the advice of friends family or from books.
- You can receive the support and training of a relationship and marriage therapist who has a track record of helping singles and couples overcome their problems and achieve relationship happiness.
You have probably tried option #1 and discovered that “doing nothing” is not helping.
You may have tried option #2 and discovered the information you have gained from others, while helpful, isn’t easy to put into practice. It’s difficult to change relationship patterns even if you know what you’re “supposed to do.”
If you haven’t yet tried option #3 - seeking the help of a marriage or relationship counsellor - perhaps it’s time you did. What do you have to lose?
As Albert Einstein so wisely stated: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
By working with a couples or relationship therapist, you can expect to:
- Talk to each other in a manner so you both feel heard by each other.
- Develop tools that will bring more harmony into your relationship.
- Discover what is causing the problems and learn proven ways to resolve them.
- Overcome “triggers” from your past that may be contributing to your relationship problems.
- Receive access to insights and tools that a trained marriage or relationship counselor can provide.
- Breakthrough destructive patterns of relating that lead to hopelessness.
- Overcome problems faster than if you tried to do it alone.
- Re-discover the passion that brought you together.
How Do I Know You’re the Right Couples
or Relationship Therapist for Me?
As a relationship therapist, I've successfully helped hundreds of people who have been stuck in challenging relationship patterns find the happiness that they longed for. Many of the couples were on the verge of divorce and emerged on the other side stronger than ever. Others had lost their passion and through couples counseling were able to reconnect and revitalize their relationship.
I have also helped many singles who had become disillusioned about ever finding relationship happiness. Through relationship therapy they were able to heal past wounds and find a relationship that met their deepest needs.
Relationship Counseling Can Work Even If Your Partner Doesn't Attend With You
You may be thinking - What?! This is couples counseling! Yes, it’s true—even if your partner is unable or unwilling to join you in relationship counseling, you can make changes that increase your happiness and may even open new pathways of intimacy in your relationship.
Learning how to heal what “triggers” you and to communicate directly from your heart may help your relationship problems. While you can’t change your partner, your partner may be so pleasantly surprised about the changes in you and may decide to make changes as well.
On the other hand, if you are considering whether or not to leave your partner, relationship counseling can help you explore options and make the best decision for you.
My Success Rate with Couples is High. Here's Why...
My work as a marriage and couples therapist is influenced by many of the most respected relationship experts in the field. These include Imago Therapy as developed by Harvelle Hendrix, the Gottman Method as created by John Gottman, the work of Helen Fisher on the chemistry of love, and the work of Sue Johnston in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). These are all leading edge methods in the couples therapy field that can bring about remarkable results in relationships experiencing turmoil and pain.
I also know where you're coming from.
Through my own inner-work and therapy, I've overcome my own limiting relationship patterns and was able to improve my relationship with my own husband. My journey has shown me that it is essential to work through anything that holds us back from being fully ourselves and sharing our gifts with one another. Now I’m living my dream and my relationships are stronger than ever.
You can have this too.
Take Action Now To Have the Relationship That You Deserve
As your couples or relationship therapist, I can help you achieve the happiness that you want.
But, you have to take the first step.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (805) 374-1770.
If you need know more about my approach to marriage and couples counseling first, please visit my approach page.
Linda Fisherman is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Westlake Village, California. Linda provides individual counseling, relationship counseling for singles, as well as marriage therapy and couples counseling to those residing in the following areas in California: Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills, Oak Park, Calabasas, and Moorpark, Malibu, Simi Valley.